Bath Remodel Wilmington NC
How to keep your shower looking new
A bathroom remodel is one of the most sought-after home improvement projects. A bath remodel Wilmington NC is a popular home improvement project because it allows you to choose from a bathtub-to-shower conversion or a replacement for your existing shower. You will feel like your bathroom is brand new again after this kind of transformation.
Although your new shower may look amazing, it will not last as long as you don't establish and follow a cleaning schedule. It's possible for soap scum, mildew, and other stains to grow and make your new shower look dingy. Wilmington Remodelers wants to share their top tips for maintaining a beautiful shower.
The Top 8 Steps to Clean Showers
These tips are great for homeowners, regardless of whether you have a new shower or have been using the same shower for 20+ years.
- Give everything a quick rinse: Before you get into any other tips, make sure to wash all surfaces from tiles to glass doors. This will remove any dirt and hair that has built up. A detachable showerhead is best, but a bucket of water will do the trick.
- Shower Curtain Careful: Over time, your shower curtain will accumulate germs, grime, and other undesirable things. To remove these layers, you need to wash the curtain regularly with some old towels. Instead of drying it in the dryer, air-dry the curtain.
- Shower Doors: This handy trick will help you avoid limescale and smearing. After 20 minutes, spray WD-40 on the shower door. Then wipe it clean with a towel. The shine that is left behind will amaze you.
- Prevent Mildew: Mildew can be easier to combat if it doesn't have a chance. Mildew can be prevented by placing the cleaned shower curtain in warm water with salt.
- Get Sponges. Dishwashing sponges are also useful for showers. Select the cleaning solution you prefer and get to work. Light work is possible with the brush during cleaning.
- Showerheads need love: Over time, showerheads can build up just like the rest. You can fight this by filling a sandwich bag with baking soda vinegar and leaving it on overnight. You'll notice that the shower scum has disappeared by morning.
- Get a Squeegee from a Hardware Store or Online. These tools are not only great for windshields and regular windows but also can be used to clean any glass surfaces in your shower, such as glass shower doors or glass walls. You can remove any excess water from the glass to ensure that no smudges remain.
- VinegarYes, it's specifically made for your showerhead. But, if you combine vinegar and water in an aerosol spray bottle, you can make a powerful cleaner that will remove any stains or scum. This will be a great tool to have on hand.
Wilmington Remodelers: Showers and more
Showers are a great feature for most homes, but if you're looking to have a luxurious bath, a tub-to-shower conversion might be a good option. Wilmington Remodelers can help with any of your bathroom needs. We pride ourselves on offering high-quality products and superior installations that take only a few days.
Wilmington Remodelers can install a new shower to replace your damaged shower. Call us to talk to one of our representatives about professional shower installation or complete our online form to request a free quote.
633 piner rd Wilmington NC 28409
(910) 240 6570